- Gain skills for an in-demand profession
- Earn a debt-free associate degree
- Receive an industry-aligned education combined with hands-on training
- Obtain national and international credentials
- Increase your salary as you advance your career
Yes, though there might be fewer open positions. It’s too early to know the specific outcomes, but many of our MAT2 Network Companies are providing critical components from medical devices to food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and more. Manufacturing is the foundation of so many products we use every day, especially during a crisis, and we are very proud of how our companies are helping. They understand the need to build their future workforce now and value the apprenticeship experience for their employees.
We are working with our network partners on ways to maintain the process while implementing social distancing practices. Our process with applicants will not change in that we talk with applicants mostly on the phone or by email. Each employer will be handling their hiring process differently.
Henry Ford College: The college is completely closed at the moment. We anticipate receiving information in the next few weeks as to when they will reopen for placement test appointments.
• Performing more phone and video interviews
• Not allowing non-employees onto their sites unless necessary, which means you may not be allowed on site until they make the decision to hire you
• Doing more outreach by virtual means to meet candidates and make their opportunities known
Again, the safety of all is prioritized. Companies have put in place best practices for workforce safety, e.g. disinfecting procedures and social distancing at work by staggering work schedules when possible. Colleges are doing many classes online and virtually. They are making adjustments for lab courses and will advise how the schedule may be affected if it is necessary to postpone those courses until face-to-face courses can be resumed.